First Time Campers
Welcome prospective camp families. You’ve come to the right place – we are here to help families of Greater MetroWest New Jersey find the right camp. First-time campers at 150+ overnight camps and teen programs may be eligible for a gift of up to $1,000 One Happy Camper grants and additional financial resources.
One Happy Camper NJ is a free resource to provide guidance throughout the camp search process. We will learn about your family and guide you to toward the perfect options for each child. Request a consultation today or call Tracy Levine at 973.929.2970.
Here are our top 5 tips for finding the right camp:
- Take time to do research – ideally start more than a year in advance (though we can help you find a camp on short notice as well!)
- Involve your child, so that they have a vested interest
- Talk with the Director, staff and other families
- Ideally visit camps during the summer while in session; alternatively, consider off-season visits, home visits by Director or camp events
- Evolve as you proceed through the process – and trust your gut feeling!
It is never too early or too late to begin camp – including many program options for teens of all ages!